I have a wide range of experience teaching, from leading labs and discussions to private tutoring. I’m a passionate believer that learning is a skill anyone can pick up.
- Practical Computing for Scientists, Co-Instructor
Physics 91SI, Stanford, Spring 2014
Equipped researchers with practical tools such as git, unix, and Python.
- Introductory Electromagnetism, Graduate Student Instructor
Physics 8B, Berkeley, Fall 2019
Led twice weekly discussion and laboratory sections primarily for pre-medical students.
Awarded Oustanding Graduate Student Instructor by the University
- Light and Heat, Teaching Assistant
Physics 45, Stanford, Fall 2016
Led twice weekly discussion and laboratory sections primarily for physics and engineering students.
- Math and Physics Lead Tutor
- Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning, Stanford, 2015-2017
- Managed a team of 13 tutors, led discussions on effective teaching and learning
- Provided free on-campus tutoring
- “Clear and easy to understand lectures. Patient and encouraging.”
- “Very approachable, friendly and supportive. Vincent was always prepared and had a structured discussion and lab period. He always described the topics in a variety of ways so as to help all the students with various levels of understanding comprehend the topic.”
- “One of the most approachable GSI’s I have ever had!”
- “Vincent knows what he’s talking about which is very important but also he’s personable which has made learning a lot more fun and accessible. It’s been a damn pleasure being his student. Especially because he really tries to make sure we understand things.”
- “He answered questions responsibly but allowed some space for us to figure out ourselves.”
- “He was a great GSI who was always willing to help. He could tell when I was struggling with a concept and would ask if I needed help or had a question. Was really good at explaining concepts in an easy way. One of my favorite GSIs.”
- “Always helpful. Thorough teaching. Organized. Open to questions always.”
- “Vincent is super responsive and helpful over email and is approachable and friendly in person. He encourages us to truly enjoy the concepts we are learning and exemplifies this enthusiasm through his teaching.”