Things to help myself when I’m feeling down, tilted or otherwise unproductive.
- Don’t confuse invisible progress with no progress.
- You are fortunate.
- Drink more water.
- Don’t let your ego stop you from learning. Be humble. Ask lots of questions.
- Being sore means your muscles will grow stronger. Embrace feeling stuck and confused, but the key is to persist.
- No one knows what they’re doing.
- Pain is temporary. Happiness is temporary. Bask in both.
When you’re feeling unmotivated
- Exercising is a good way to clear the mind
- Find one thing that you’ll be happy to do get done for the day and forget the rest of your to-do list - Revisit your weekly, monthly, yearly goals
- Read a book
When you’re feeling angry
- Don’t get upset at dogs for barking (e.g. frog and the scorpion)
- Few people are going out of their way to upset you
- Most people act in a way that makes sense in their head
- Find a good friend to vent
When you’re feeling listless
- You can afford to do nothing for 10 minutes
- Things you can do
- Sweep the floor (guilty pleasure)
- Go on airplane mode
- Do something else that’s fun
- Things not to do
- Go on YouTube
- Check your email
- Open the fridge